Sunday, January 17, 2010

1/2 failing...

No one in my class is actually failing, but I really feel that they could be succeeding more.  I just don't think that they "get it."  This is by no fault of theirs, I am just still learning how to convey the lesson with meaningful instruction, useful demonstrations and practical application.  It's not everyone, but enough to make me worry and second-guess myself.  I guess I do not have an actual solution to this problem, but rather an action plan.  I will continue to search for ways to engage my little lovelies, hopefully inspiring them to allow information to penetrate their brains.  I thought I was stepping out of the box, but I guess I need to leap out of it!

1 comment:

  1. Teacher's high expectation for studnets always affects them positively. However, in order to see the positive results, teachers are more effective when you are part of a team. As Harry Wong emphasized, teachers that work together to achieve specific measurable goals, incraese the likelihood of improved student learning. You may talk to your master teacher and other teachers to work cooperatively.

    ReplyDelete